No Sugar Berry Compote
Looking for a healthy and easy berry compote recipe for your baby? This one-ingredient berry compote is perfect! Made with fresh or frozen berries and no added sugar, it's a delicious and nutritious option to sweeten your little one's meals.
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1/2 cup 1x
- Category: spread
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (or fresh berries)
- In a small saucepan, heat berries over low heat, covered, until softened and starting to release juices, about 5 minutes. It may take a little bit longer for fresh berries.
- Once soft, use a fork or the back of a spoon to mash the berries.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat until thickened, about 5-10 more minutes.
- Cool before serving to baby or storing. Compote with thicken as it cools.
- Fresh berries: If using fresh berries and they aren't quite ripe, you may have to add a tablespoon or two of water while they are covered to get them nice and soft.
- Storage: Store compote in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Types of berries: I used frozen mixed berries here, but you can use just a single type of berry, such as blueberry, blackberry, or strawberry, or a mix of your favorites.
- Flavorings: You can experiment with adding flavorings, such as lemon zest, cinnamon, ginger, or vanilla extract. Extracts should be added at the end, but anything else can be added in the beginning.
Keywords: baby berry compote, no sugar berry compote, one ingredient berry compote, easy berry compote for babies